03 December 2010

I am ALLAH's Property and Creature!

“I am Allah’s property and creature [so] if Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) wants to place me out here in public with everybody and have my freedom [then] with Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) [is a] wisdom that He has alone. [And if He] would like to place me in a prison, then this is His choice. He is my Creator and I accept His decree.

I remember when I went to my parents I was quite confused as to what to do, and my mother told me, she said: “Son, remember that death only comes once in life” and my father who’s 84, 85 years old, who’s technically blind said to me: “Son, I would prefer to see you die in prison and that you are keeping to your principles to what you believe in, rather than for you to sell your soul, and to be rejected by yourself first and foremost and of course by your Lord.”

And I remember it, when I was thinking and I was trying to figure with my soul, what should I do?

The Sharia teaches us to take the lesser of two evils, but I remembered that the person who as a young man, a young boy, I grew up reading his books, and loving his teachings, Sayyid Qutub saying that he was facing the executioner,

“By Allaah, the finger which bears witness that there is none worthy of worship than Allah, how can it sign to something which is false?"

I remembered Ibn Taymiyah who said: What can my enemies do with me? My paradise is in my heart and it goes with me wherever I go. To put me in prison is to let me have a khalwa (private devotion with Allah), to execute me is martyrdom, to kick me out of my land is siyaha (to have a travel journeying in the path of Allah.)

So when I thought of these people who I read their books and studied and taught and I [then] compared [them to] myself, I knew there was only one choice that I could take, [only one choice] in front of me, that is to put my trust in Allah and hope for His mercy and know whatever Allah decrees for me it will only be good.
And as ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab used to say:I do not care in what state I wake up in the morning whether it is good or bad, since I do not know what is good for me or what is bad.

Anyway brothers and sisters I do not want to take any more of your time. I only just said these few words [so] that we remind ourselves that in the end we are Muslims. We are pleased with what Allah decrees for us. We know that whatever Allah decrees for us would never have left us, and that what Allah causes to leave us would never have hit us. And we know that our purpose in life is not a PhD. It is not making this money, but it is to worship Allah. And I can worship Allah just as well in a prison cell as I can outside in this masjid. And I hope Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) returns me back to my brother[s] and sisters at the earliest time, and that He blesses each and everyone of you and the rest of the Muslims with the good of this world and the hereafter.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

`¤Reflection of Thoughts¤`